Budget: Edit Yearly Budget Not Pulling Monthly Data

Options
Keith_h
Keith_h Member

When I got to a category like 'Pets' and try to set up my monthly budget based on historical average, I click on 'Budget Amount Options' and then 'Edit Yearly Budget', it does not recognize my monthly expenses in the 'Pets' category across the year. For almost all the months it has $0.00. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Keith_h,

To help with this issue, could you please provide more detail about what is happening? When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Is this affecting only the Pets category? If not, is it affecting all categories, or just some? When you are looking at the Annual view of the budget, is it showing regular numbers for the problem category(s)?

Does the problem category(s) go to mostly zeros only in the edit screen?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Keith_h
    Keith_h Member
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I first noticed the issue yesterday while trying to create my budget for the first time. I'm using Quicken for Windows Classic Premier version R52.33. It is affecting all my categories.

When I look at the annual view, it's showing me the budget numbers I've applied for the year. In the edit screen, the monthly totals aren't even close for the category monthly amounts. If I click on the number below 'Monthly Average' at the rop right, it takes me to a bar chart and on the bar chart of the months it does show me representative spending every month.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Do you sync with the Quicken Cloud? If you're not sure, the way to check is go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Keith_h
    Keith_h Member
    Options

Hi Kristina,

I do sync with the cloud. I ran validate and super validate as you described and my categories in budget are still showing incorrect amounts monthly even though the bar chart is showing accurate monthly spending.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next step is to restore a backup from before the problem started and check to see if the issue is happening in that newly restored file. If you don't use Quicken on the Web or Quicken Mobile, I would recommend turning off syncing with the Quicken cloud.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.