Account(s) not posting correctly

Options
brill
brill Member ✭✭

Hello, I have quicken deluxe V R52.33 build 27.1.52.33. I have a Chase Account. Within the chase account is a credit card account and an Amazon credit card account. They are setup in quicken with two different credit card numbers. When it updates through quicken, they don't post to the correct account in quicken. They Amazon posts to the quicken chase credit card account. How do I fix this ? Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @brill,

Before you begin any troubleshooting, please save a backup (just in case).

It sounds like these accounts may be incorrectly linked. To fix this, I suggest that you please deactivate both accounts and then reactivate them through Add Account (not through Set Up Now) to correctly relink them.

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your accounts have been found, be sure to link them to the correct existing accounts you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• brill
    brill Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello,
    I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I did the fix per your earlier instructions. It still is not working properly. The problem is I have a Chase account with 2 separate credit cards number. One is Chase VISA card #1234 and the other is Amazon credit card number #5678. I made a payment to the Amazon credit card #5678 for $26. WHen it posted in quicken, it shows as a 'payment' for $26 with the chase visa card category #1234 in the Amazon register. In the Chase VISA register, it shows as a 'charge' with the Amazon credit card category X5678. Thanks for your help on this.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

How did you record the payment transaction in Quicken?
    As a manual transaction or a scheduled reminder transaction, entered into Quicken before downloading transactions?
    Or did you wait for downloaded transactions to appear in your registers?
    Either way, please check your Tools / Memorized Payee List, to see if there are incorrect memorized entries in there and correct them. Once the MPL entries have been corrected, click the "Lock this entry …" to prevent accidental changes from messing up things.

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly:
    For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date.
    Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the download process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

• brill
    brill Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I do see some memorized payee list that are incorrect. Can I just delete the bad payee list and just correct them when they come in ? . BTW, I made the payment within the Chase web account.

Thanks again

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Delete the MPL entries that are incorrect and unneeded. Edit the ones that you can use in the future.

• brill
    brill Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks !

This discussion has been closed.