Remove Unwanted (sub) Accounts from Quicken on Web Profile

Options
pjrchicago
pjrchicago Member
edited November 2023 in Using Quicken on the Web

I have several (sub) accounts listed on my Profile under See All Finances. Some of these were started when I first subscribed and issues arose so I had to stop using and open a new (sub) account. I have those that I need but would like to remove those that were created but I do not use anymore. On the following list I want to keep the first five (sub) accounts and remove the remainder. Any suggestions on how I do this??

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's no such thing, in Q, as a "sub account". And your graphic tells us nothing. Take a snapshot of your account list in Q and pls post it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That list looks like separate DATA FILES, not accounts. That seems like a lot of files. What desktop Quicken are you on? Windows or Mac?

FILES - Your data is kept in a separate data FILE (and not in the program). In the data File you have all your accounts. You can have more than one File like a separate file for your parents or children or a club. Recent Files opened should be listed at the bottom of the FILE menu item. Your data file ends in .qdf and should be in your Documents (or Library) then in a Quicken sub Folder. Or you can search your computer for all files ending in .qdf to find them. Go to FILE - NEW QUICKEN FILE to setup another data file. When you do a backup it only backs up the file currently open. You get the whole data file and all the accounts in that one file.

ACCOUNTS - You can have many accounts in a File like a checking account, savings, credit card, asset, investment. Accounts are listed down the side in the Account Bar. You can do Ctrl+A or go to TOOLS - ACCOUNT LIST to bring up the Account listing. You do not backup Accounts separately.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

As mentioned - some of those names look to be Quicken QDF files -
    and some…. as I just looked at my test file…. seem to be bogus names created by Quicken On The Web.

I would look at my Windows /Quicken/ folder, and see what QDF files you actually have created -
    Also- hopefully you are NOT creating a separate Quicken file for each of your holdings…
    unless each is a separate business venture - and that's a lot -

To be honest - I'm not sure what the SEE ALL FINANCES is meant to show -
    as just the Profile box will show your actual QDF data files -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

These entries aren't accounts or Quicken data files; they are Quicken Cloud datasets/account.

They look like Quicken data file names because that is where they start from.

When you create a Quicken Desktop data file a Quicken Cloud dataset is create at the same time, which usually has the same name as your Quicken Desktop data file.

To remove unused, Quicken Cloud datasets you have to do it from the Quicken Desktop, and from a data file that has sync to Mobile/Web on.

Select Edit → Preferences → Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts → Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (x)

From the dialog that comes up you can delete whatever Quicken Cloud dataset/account you like except the one that is connected to the Quicken Desktop data file you are in. But you should only delete the ones that you are no longer using (Quicken Desktop data file has been deleted).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.