Pentagon PenFed Credit Union PFCU - CC-502 (QWin)

Options

Is anyone experiencing download issues with PenFed? Error CC-502 going on 3 days.

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10554198)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @joggerbill,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have and ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to the Community Alert linked below:

Also, in regard to QFX files; please be aware that QFX files are a 2-step download process. When first downloaded from the financial institution website, they are downloaded to your computer first and then need to be imported into Quicken. Please refer to this Help Article for instructions on how to do so.

Thank you!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jdwill100,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

• mitch cohen
    mitch cohen Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

All - based upon my detailed letter, PenFed has responded truthfully. See attached … OneStepUpdate in Quicken for PenFed is dead. I will begin moving ALL our accounts to my other credit union next week. No use calling or fighting with them … they have made their decision. Just let them know why you’re leaving as you close your accounts. I will tell them next week. Bye bye PenFed.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dhenderson67,

To assist with troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend following these steps from the article on error CC-502:

1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, then I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I’ve been getting CC 502 error since October 18. PenFed isn’t included in other CC 502 error reported in Oct 18. Is this related or not? Sometimes I will get CC 506 error on one computer, then it will be CC 502 error. Hard to believe the other CC 502 error post hasn’t had any update.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina that didn't work, I will call support

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina didn’t for me either. I believe it’s tied to the larger issue of CC 502 errors that probably his 2 dozen or more financial institutions listed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

It is possible, but I am not seeing Pentagon Federal on the list of affected financial institutions in the Community Alert. That issue from the 18th of October seems to be connected to issues with a service provider for multi-factor authentication. Have you gotten any multi-factor authentication prompts prior to getting the CC-502 error?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina my application was working fine until the 19th ?

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

last time I was able to update was 17 Oct @6:20am

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

no multi-authentication errors with PenFed. I also have account @ Wright Pat Credit Union and that’s on the CC 502 list of financial institutions and haven’t had any issues with updates.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Based on the information provided, it sounds like this issue with PenFed CC-502 may be separate from the issue described in the Community Alert from 18 Oct. I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• garysmith
    garysmith Member ✭✭
    Options

Penfed downloads hasn't been working for me either, but get no error codes. Going on-line to the account shows transactions almost daily starting Oct 17 through yesterday that have not been downloaded. Entered them manually.

Same condition with Discover - unable to download, but OSU does not show any errors.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@garysmith I haven't had problems with Discover Card. Last downloaded this morning. Just PenFed for me.

• ErnieV
    ErnieV Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

My VISA Card from PenFed FCU will not connect to Quicken. When I try to add online I get error code: CC-502. This has been happening for about 2 weeks. This has been issue for a very long time. The issue gets fix and then it happens again and again. Does anyone have any information on this issue. Thank you.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke with support for over an hour. I was told I would receive an email when the issue was corrected.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dhenderson67 Thank you for update. I have dreaded talking with Support! Hopefully you had a good experience. I have never had a good experience talking with Support.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

I had a text chat with support, who took all my information and then said they would escalate the PenFed problem internally. They have no ETA or idea about though.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10554198)

Quicken Kristina

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hopefully it will be fixed sooner than later. It still seems like a couple times a year something happens with PenFed and not being able to download transactions int Quicken.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

I received my reply from support, they are requesting more log files. They are working the issue

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ErnieV,

We do now have an active alert regarding CC-502 error messages with Pentagon Federal Credit Union. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may choose to bookmark it in order to keep up with any and all future updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to download transactions today

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried it at 2:30 pm ET. No luck! The last download was 10/16/2023.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just tried @ 2:50pm ET. No luck getting CC-501 error on both computers. My last download was 10/17/2023.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Today I’m back a receiving CC-502 error on both computers.

• B. King
    B. King Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems that every few weeks the Quicken software will not update Pentagon Federal Accounts. There is a verity of discussions on the topic and corresponding errors and fix recommendations. However, it seems to be a fundamental communication problem with the Quicken and PenFed API Feeds. I have spoken with PenFed Customer Service and they say that it is on the Quicken end of things. I.e., there is nothing that they can do and that they are willing to work with Quicken to resolve the matter.

Any thoughts on how we can get Quicken and PenFed to resolve this issue?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @B. King,

Would you mind sharing more details regarding the issue that you are experiencing?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone getting any information on our CC-502 error. Still not able to download!

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

if it helps any I had to deactivate and then reactivate online transactions. That was what CS told me to do after I sent them my logs.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I deactivated and tried reactivating and still getting CC-502 error when I try to reactivate. I tried Pentagon FCU and Pentagon Federal Credit Union and get same error on using either one. I guess tomorrow I’ll have to call.

• dhenderson67
    dhenderson67 Member ✭✭
    Options

yeah they are going to want the logs. Problem is you have to go through tier1 help desk first

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah! Today (11/09/2023) I as able to download all of the transactions since 10/16/2023.

This discussion has been closed.