Changes to Budget not showing up on Quicken App or web

Options
GeoffSal
GeoffSal Member

I've got my budget set on my desktop program. But the categories aren't lining up with my web or app when synced. I've reset my cloud data, and it's still incorrect.

For example, I have a budget category of debt set up and it includes debt payments to loan accounts I have set up in Quicken. But those payments are showing up under a personal expenses category in the web version.

What am I missing?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @GeoffSal,

To troubleshoot this issue, since you've already tried resetting the cloud, the next step would be trying a manual cloud reset by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please save a backup of your Quicken file. From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.