Black Hills Energy - Online bill not updating amount due but the latest bill has downloaded

Options

Another member asked this same question in August and it is marked as Closed, but no comments or resolution were recorded.

Black Hills Energy is the only online biller I have with this issue. The statement downloaded is current and correct but neither the amount or due date is modified properly (both blank).

Quicken Classic for Windows - R52.33 on Windows 10 Pro - 22H2

Why isn't the balance due and due date being updated for this online biller?

Comments

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ping - surprised there has been no response to my question; what am I doing wrong?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @JimC52,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Did not resolve the problem - actually made no changes and just returned a message saying validation was successful and all bills are in sync with the server. Continuing and resulting to a brute force repair, I completely deleted Black Hills Energy from the Memorized Payees list, the Online Billers list, and deleted the Online Reminder. I then completely recreated the Online Reminder using a verified password and identifier selecting a predefined "Black Hills Energy" from the list of known payees provided by Quicken. The resulting reminder "Needs Attention" and Fix-it shows the server is working on it.

Eventually, it will show up as an online reminder that will download the statement but make no amount or date due changes.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @JimC52,

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps failing, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Before I engage Quicken Support directly, can you please describe the step-by-step procedure for creating an online biller and the corresponding reminder such that a new bill is properly downloaded and automatically entered on the appropriate due date (or as set up in the reminder)?

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I contacted phone support for Quicken Classic / Windows and was sent to tech support. Tech support found an issue between Quicken servers and Black Hills Energy. They reported working on it but I have no forecast repair date yet.

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ping - no response from telephone Tech Support in almost a month. Black Hills Energy continues to download the statement - which shows up in statement list - yet does not set a date or amount due as expected. This used to work. I'd like to hear/read an update on the issue.

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ping - still no response from telephone Tech Support. Black Hills Energy continues to download the proper statement(s) but does not update the "Current Payment" information. This has been a problem for over 90 days, is this typical or did this fall through the cracks?

This discussion has been closed.