Pentagon Federal transaction download - no longer has QFX listed

Options

Periodically I go to the Pentagon Federal website to download transactions. For some reason PFCU no longer lists QFX as an available file format, but instead has OFX. When I try to import an OFX file into Quicken I get a dialog box asking to close the current file. If I say no, nothing appears to happen. If I say yes and then try to import the file I get an "Unknown error in opening data file"

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to solve this problem.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @AllanDB,

When a financial institution no longer lists a QFX file as an available format for download, this typically means that they have stopped supporting that method of download with Quicken. However, I recommend contacting Pentagon Federal Credit Union for further information. I also suggest requesting to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they tend to be more familiarized with third-party applications.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AllanDB
    AllanDB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

current config - only lists Express Web Connect

39297 39297 39297 Pentagon FCU
    https://www.penfed.org/ 1-800-247-5626
    https://www.penfed.org/ ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jmgloude
    jmgloude Member ✭✭
    Options

QFX is still available but not user friendly. Her's how:

Login

Select the far right Tab "Other Account Actions"

Now go to the far left tab labeled "Main Menu". This takes you to the old version of the account view.

Scroll to your PenFed credit card and select "More account info and actions"

Select "Download Transactions" below the list of recent transactions

Here you can select the transactions you wish to download and the file format including QFX

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The problem appears to be at PenFed not Quicken. I'm Pen Fed-up!

This discussion has been closed.