Robinhood won't download securities transactions

Options
deliusfan
deliusfan Member ✭✭✭

I was overjoyed to see that Robinhood was finally supported in Quicken; all the years of typing annoying transactions every few days would be over. However that was not the case. Quicken can read the cash-based transactions, but for some reason isn't recognizing trades.

I even tried downloading a report file, but it only downloads in CSV, so Robinhood failed to import it. (Well, it said it did, and then didn't add any of the transactions that I can see right there on the Excel file when I open it.)

Is anyone else having issues of this? any workaround? I can't go back to typing in all these transactions again, it's too much.

Comments

• Ambern225
    Ambern225 Member
    Options

Also having issues with Robinhood. Quicken seems to think it's connected and updating fine, but there is no balance and no transactions. Following.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth, I don't believe there was any intent on downloading investment transactions, only using it in "Simple investment mode". From the little I can see in the Quicken Mac threads this part of it is working for them, but it doesn't seem to be the case for Quicken Windows. Here is release note from the Quicken Mac 6.5 release (I bolded the important part of it):

• Quicken Connect Investments - Previously Quicken Mac only supported Direct Connect investment accounts which worked fine if you had a brokerage account from a long-established brokerage such as Schwab, Fidelity, or Vanguard. Unfortunately, none of the new brokerage companies supported the infrastructure required for Direct Connect investments so you previously couldn't add these accounts. We've just turned this on in v6.4 and v6.5 so you will now be able to add Robinhood, Betterment, and others.  In many cases, you will only be able to get the market value for the account but at least this will allow you to track your true net worth. You now have access to an additional 800 financial institutions but the quality of each of these connections will be different depending on the institution.  Let us know which ones are working for you and which ones aren't.

Comes from this thread:

This is the Quicken Mac thread that at least part of this was working for them:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • deliusfan
    deliusfan Member ✭✭✭
    Options

ok, but when will it update the "market value", exactly? I see from the date I connected it an "establish cash balance" transaction to get it up to date, and then nothing. It's just a cash balance and that's it, and it hasn't moved anywhere. It's been two weeks and many trades later… An Xin I did myself since my bank account at least is updating.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I should have added that I believe it is broken at least on the Windows side from what I see in the forum posts.

I would contact Quicken support about it:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

And report it with: Help → Report a problem

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.