Quicken Classic 7.3.2 certified under MacOS Sonoma?

Options
freestga
freestga Member

Where to look to EASILY determine what OS's Quicken certifies the software will run under?

Why does Quicken make this HARD to determine?

With each OS upgrade - it is much more of a hassle to find Quicken's crisp advice than I feel it should be..  I'm holding off on the OS upgrade until I can get helpful information

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2023
    Options

AFAIK Quicken doesn't "certify" any version of Mac OS, usually the only time they say anything about Mac OS is when they drop support for older versions (like when Quicken 7.0 dropped support for MacOS 10.13 and 10.14).

It's pretty rare in my experience for Mac software to not work under a new version of the OS; that typically only happens when there's been some major change, like switching from Intel to Apple Silicon, or 32 bit to 64 bit. There have been one or two complaints posted about problems with Quicken under Sonoma, but nothing widespread; I haven't had any problems with it.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

And I'll add that although the official system requirements always state Quicken Mac will run under the current OS (Sonoma) and the two prior versions (Ventura and Monterey), Quicken Mac has always continued to run on older operating systems. The Quicken Mac team has done an excellent job of informing the user community about what older operating systems will or won't work. Currently, the next two previous operating systems (Big Sur and Catalina) still run the current Quicken Mac; support for Mojave and High Sierra was dropped with the release of version 7.0 in April 2023.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.