Disappearing Categories in Windows 10

Options
pran105334
pran105334 Member ✭✭

This question has come up several times with Windows & Mac PCs and I have not seen a satisfactory answer. I have used quicken for 30+years. I have a quicken data file that goes back about 10 years.

I have a persistent problem with transactions to which I have assigned a category reverting back to uncategorized at random times. I back up the quicken data file regularly and revert to backups to retrieve categories. Also, I have to manually input the category again!

Very frustrating.

I have done this many times and still gremlins just remove many categories. This quicken software is making me repeat work and making me less productive.

Very frustrating.

Perhaps the engineers who designed this program knows about this but does not fix it? Is anyone else experiencing categories disappearing in a Windows 10 program?

Using Quicken Classic Deluxe Version R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @pran105334,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.