certain bank accounts only download transactions if logged in as admin

Options
9274184 Member

some of my bank downloads still work using my normal windows login to run quicken for windows, but other institutions will only connect and download transactions if I'm logged in to windows as an administrator. Both logins use the same copy of quicken and the same quicken data file. I'm assuming that the regular account is missing some permissions, but I can't figure out what's missing. Everything else works as normal on the regular user account.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the name, in Q, of those errant Institutions?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

9274184 Member
    Options

US bank, Fidelity, Wealthscape do not work as user, Chase bank still works fine

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I download from both US Bank, and Fidelity 6 days a week … and I'm not a Windows Admin.

SO, something else is going on here. Let's try to focus on one issue and see if we can resolve that.

For Fidelity Investments (there are other issues with Fidelity NetBenefits, if that's what you have we'll skip to USB), what exactly happens when you try to download from them? What error messages or codes do you get? What types of accounts are you trying to download from Fidelity Investments?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would suspect something is corrupted in the given user account. It would be worth creating a new user account and see if it behaves the same way or not.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Out of curiosity, I did the experiment. I am the only user on my Win10 PC, so have some admin privileges. I created a completely vanilla user account and gave it access to my Quicken data. Logged in as that user, ran QWin, and OSU completed perfectly. So I suspect @Chris_QPW is correct there's something wrong with the account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

9274184 Member
    Options

so I tried creating a new user account and it worked correctly, just like the new admin account. I'd still like to figure out what's "broken" with my normal user account. It had been working fine for many years. I recently converted from windows 10 to windows 11, but it continued to work fine after the upgrade. I can't pinpoint any one event that ciased it to stop working.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will ever be able to tell you what went wrong in the original account. The Windows account hold thousands of different settings, and trying to figure out which one it is, is next to impossible.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.