Data file error message: notify me when fixed?

Options
Phil Kyle
Phil Kyle Member ✭✭

Suddenly Quicken Classic Deluxe stopped opening due to data file blocked. It began doing this 10/23/23. You suggested detaching from One Drive but I need it to be linked to two other computer for my continuis work. I can work around the problem and open file still linked. Can you notify me when it's fixed. Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Phil Kyle,

You can enable notifications on this known issue by bookmarking this Community Alert. Simply click the bookmark ribbon located in the upper right corner of the Alert post. If you do not see the bookmark ribbon, please make sure that you are signed into the Quicken Community. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the exact error message you are seeing ?
    There are a few different things being reported -

Suddenly Quicken Classic Deluxe stopped opening due to data file blocked.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• dzellmer53
    dzellmer53 Member ✭✭
    Options

l cant open my qdata file. and when I use a back up accounts are deleted

• dzellmer53
    dzellmer53 Member ✭✭
    Options

It just says unable to open the data file and to contact Quicken Support

• Phil Kyle
    Phil Kyle Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the download/fix, (one drive data issue). Both my computers, win 10. win 11, are working fine now. Great job!!! thanks….PK

• Phil Kyle
    Phil Kyle Member ✭✭
    Options

The fix lasted two days. The data failure issue has returned. Each time I try to open my Quicken file I get the message about data error and blocks me. Hope you can solve the problem permanently.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Until it's fixed by Microsoft and/or Quicken, pause OneDrive before opening Quicken and Resume OneDrive after closing Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.