Is anyone having problems connecting to PenFed FCU?

Options
ErnieV
ErnieV Member ✭✭

I have had this problem for at least 2 weeks. I keep getting error code: CC-502. This issue has been ongoing for the longest of time. It gets fixed then it happens again. I can't understand in this world of modern technology why I permanent fixt can't be reached. Turn it over to AI.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue and our teams have escalated this internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @ErnieV,

Error CC-502 is typically caused by maintenance on the bank's server. To troubleshoot, first, we advise reviewing this error-specific support article.

If the steps are unsuccessful, then after 24 hours or more, as stated at the bottom of the article, you will need to contact Quicken Support via phone or chat. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to find the internal error and file for an escalation.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

I reported the same problems (Mac version) with PenFed. They got my logs and said they'd escalate it internally. I was told I'd get an email when there was any progress. Meanwhile entering all my information manually. This happens with PenFed about every six months with Quicken.

• ErnieV
    ErnieV Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree with you. It happens at least every six if not more often. It appears Quicken has some idea when this problem develops. I would think by now they would have gotten together with PenFed work out a fix for this problem. At the least either PenFed or Quicken should come with a way of notifying their users that an online connection between the two could be down for a day or two. The users could just chill out for a couple of days and have to get all huffy and puffy. Come on Quicken work with your banks closer.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

There are thousands of financial institutions and dozens of finance software packages trying to connect to each one of them. I sympathize with Quicken in this "arms race" of increased security vs. increased accessibility. If there are standards, then we should encourage our financial institutions and Quicken to follow them.

In the meantime, keep clicking on the little "envelope" in Quicken's error window which sends the error and logs to Quicken to alert them. I do this every day, until the problem is solved. Be sure to put "Penfed" and "not connecting" in your message to them.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue and our teams have escalated this internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• gdbush
    gdbush Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Oh geez! Again? Why does this keep happening? It is a pain [Edited - Language]! Let's get it resolved ASAP instead of weeks this time? Please and thank you!!! [Edited - Readability]

• ErnieV
    ErnieV Member ✭✭
    Options

Today (10/30/23) after about 2 weeks I was able to update my accounts from PenFed. It seems when this problem happens and people start complaining it gets fixed. Lets see how long the fix remains this time.

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options

It seemed that the problem was fixed for a few hours a few days ago, but the fix didn't hold. I try periodically and when it fails, I send the report the Quicken, even though I doubt there's any new information there. For several years now, this happens two or three times a year, for two to three weeks at a time. Since both Quicken and PenFed can point fingers at each other, I have little hope for a timely fix.

• FredRVet
    FredRVet Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is getting Old!!! This started around October 16th with my accounts from PenFed with MAC Quicken. It
    seems that this problem happens every few months and people start complaining. I've uploaded
    the report errors for about the last 5 days on a daily basis. I wish they would fix this in a time manner.

It's very frustrating…

• ernievjr40
    ernievjr40 Member ✭✭
    Options

I too am having this problem. I keep getting error code CC-502. I have brought this problem to the attention of Quicken multiple times. I keep getting the standard can response, "we are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it". However, it takes days if not weeks to resolve it and then the resolution only works for a couple of weeks and the problem returns. What a way to do business.

• evanee2044
    evanee2044 Member ✭✭
    Options

Issue is ongoing.

• ernievjr40
    ernievjr40 Member ✭✭
    Options

Telling us it's an ongoing issue does not help anybody. It would be fine if this was a new problem. As for as I know this problem has been going all year long. Give us more information. Like what actions or what steps have you taken to resolve this problem. If you can't resolve it tell us that and stop doing business with PenFed. We then find alternative programs. Please show that you value your customers and not just our money.

This discussion has been closed.