Bill Reminder

Options
Jeff144
Jeff144 Member ✭✭

How do I set the bill reminder to default 30 day permanently?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you talking about a specific bill reminder? Or about bill reminders in general.

If you are talking about a specific bill reminder: Find the next scheduled reminder and click on Edit this instance and all future instances. You will get a popup that looks like this. Then click on change.

Then you will get another popup that looks something like this where you can select the frequency options you want. Note—What is shown in this popup will change based upon the selections you make. In this example I selected Daily so I could then enter 30 which is what you are looking for. Make sure to click on OK and then on Done to save the change(s) made.

If what you want to do is to set a global default for bill reminders: I'm afraid that cannot be done. At least, I am not aware of how to do that so if there is a way then hopefully someone will pop in here and educate the both of us.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you referring to the "due date" or are you referring to how many days before the due date the entry will be made in the register?

If the former, set the start date and specify 30 days after that for the next bill:

If the latter the in the "Optional settings" area click the blue "Change" next to "Remind me" line item and specify 30 days before the due date:

• Jeff144
    Jeff144 Member ✭✭
    Options

there is a selection for 14 day or 30 day or 90 day. I want to set it to 30 day. In Q2018 when I selected 30 day in Reminders, it stayed 30 days in reminders. Now, I select 30 days and when I close and reopen it has defaulted back to 14 days. I know it's a small thing but customizing personal preferences is what makes it less stressful.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, you are talking about this view:

Unfortunately, that's a bug. It has been reported many times here in the Community.

Please bookmark this announcement for updates on the situation:

Waiting for the fix with bated breath!

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ah, this is not about the Reminders themselves but is instead about the view as posted by @UKR .

There is another way to see scheduled Reminders and this one you can set to 30 days and it remains there (at least it does for me). I actually make extensive use of this method because I find it much more helpful to me than the standard Bills & Income tab. To do this:

• Home tab > Gear icon (far to the right of "Dashboard" > Add View > name it Reminders (or Bill & Income Reminders or whatever is meaningful to you) > Bill & Income Reminders (under Banking) > Add > Save.

Now when you can click on the Home tab you will see a sub-tab for Reminders. Click on that sub-tab where you can select the time period for Reminders you want to see. I prefer to show by Month so I can click to future months when I want but if you want just 30 days you can select that. You can also opt to show the Projected Balances graph and/or a Calendar beneath the Reminders list. Whatever you select it should remain that way into the future until you make a change to it.

You can also Add Reminders and Manage Reminders from this tab view.

When done it will look something like this:

Also, if you are not already aware of it you can also have your Reminders shown (not added) in your accounts following the current date by 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 90 days and 12 months. The Reminders will show up in the register and will be accounted for in the Balance column. I find it to be a great planning tool.

If you want to do this or check it out:

• Click on the Clock icon at the top right of th register view and select the time period you want to see.
    • Click on the Columns icon (looks like it could be a small calendar) just below "Balance" at the top of the Balance column and check the box for "Status". This will add a column on the left side of the screen where the status of the Reminders will be shown. The column header will be a blue dot.

When done it will look something like this (no, not my real checking account…just an account in a test file 😏):

• Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2023
    Options

Now why in the world would someone mark this post as "Unhelpful" without explaining why that is?

Everything that was stated is valid and accurate and provides another means for being able to plan and budget for bills, especially since the time frame option for the default Bills & Income tab is somewhat broken and who knows how long it will be before that gets fixed.

This discussion has been closed.