[Resolved] Quicken servers down 10/27/23?

Options
Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My data is hosed. All my EWC+ accounts have the pale red circle-slash next to them in the Account Bar and none of them will connect or reset. Restoring a backup did not remedy this, the circle-slashes remain.

CC-501 error says "we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time". Is there anything I can do other than wait?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had no trouble at 12:28 CT today.

• 2 EWC+ Accounts (CC)
    • 1 EWC Account (no activity)
    • 7 DC Accounts (2 FI logins)
    • Quotes Update

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I had no trouble at 12:28 CT today.

Hmm, different time zones, different servers? (I'm on PT.)

In any case, my server issue seems resolved at 12:15 PDT. I had to reauthorize and reconnect all my EWC+ accounts and then things were back to normal.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth:

pale red circle-slash next to them in the Account Bar

This is the indication that Quicken gives when it believes that an account has been deleted on the online side. It is normally also reported as the famous CC-800 error.

What just happened to you is exactly why I believe that Quicken is interpreting temporary errors as permanent/deleted accounts when it shouldn't. And if they can't get their error codes correct, they should at least prompt the user asking if the account has been deleted or not and just jump to conclusions like this.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I went through CC-800 hell on a recent cruise through the Panama Canal with CC-800 errors on different Accounts for the 1st 4 days of the trip. On the first day most - but not all(?) - of my Schwab Accounts accessed via my UserID and Password were affected, while my Schwab Accounts accessed via my wife's UserID and Password were not. Go figure. Then on the following days other, non-Schwab Accounts, were similarly affected. I could guess that the shifting time zones associated with the cruise could be the source of the error, but why that would be the case is unclear as communication between different servers should be measured -at most - in minutes, not days.

The standard error message associated with the CC-800 error is poorly written, misleading, and just plain wrong. I should note though that even though I'm back in the Dark Ages of R50.14 Quicken has somehow slipped in a new procedure for fixing the problem:

Quicken clearly understands that deleting a live Account in the file isn't the source of this problem.

One oddity that I saw while struggling with this, burning up valuable time not watching the world float by, was that the one Citi credit card that's on EWC+ and not Direct Connect like all my other Citi credit card Accounts, resulted in this message:

but clicking Next and following the prompts for UserID and Password resulted in this Account, in the end, still using EWC+.

On one of my Quicken Accounts, and I don't remember which one, this screen popped up:

which didn't make any sense, and ended up going no where.

Lot's of thrashing around on the part of Quicken.

I'd really appreciate Quicken pulling back the curtains and explaining with some granular detail how EWC+ actually works, under the hood.

This discussion has been closed.