Does Quicken now support Windows 11?

Options
TWY
TWY Member

I've had the cc-501 issues with Kessler Federal Credit union. After Quicken Tech Support spent an hour running the same diagnostics for a fix that I did, I remembered that I had downloaded an early version of Windows 11. The assister sounded disgusted that I didn't mention Windows 11 before. He said "Quicken does not support Windows 11." I asked when would they support Windows 11? He said when Windows 11 becomes the primary Windows version. Has Windows 11 reached critical mass to update Quicken to support Windows 11. I just tried to connect again (10/28/2024 @ 10:00 am). I got a cc-501 error with a message saying "Do not contact Keesler. This is a Quicken issue."

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You were in touch with a poorly informed Quicken support person. This is from the Quicken Help system:

As you can see, Windows 11 IS SUPPORTED. S mode is not since it requires that programs come from the Microsoft Program Store and Quicken does not support that process. The MS S mode is a "safety feature" that MS pushes, it is like the fact you can only install Apple approved apps on an Apple iPhone.

I've flagged this thread to the moderators so that they can follow up on your support contact and get them some more training.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, your computer is not in S mode, because if it was, you would not have Quicken installed on it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 about a year ago. No issues running Quicken on it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello @TWY,

First, I apologize as you were misinformed. Windows 11 actually is supported.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like the FAQ needs updating.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.