Paperclip Attachment Icon Not Showing After Attachment Attached

Options
gkbergen
gkbergen Member ✭✭

This is driving me crazy and I know others are having the same issue from the posts, but I haven't seen anyone resolve it. This started happening right after Quicken switched to the non-PDF attachment format. Yes, the attachment icon register column is checked and shows right under the date field. Sometimes the paperclips do appear in the attachment column after making attachments. But other times when you make an attachment and save it the paper clip icon does not appear. If you attach it again, then it does appear. Today for the first time I had to attach an attachment 3 times before it appeared. I have reported this problem through the help menu several times but it still keeps happening after several Quicken updates. Please fix this!!.

Comments

• SDRaymond
    SDRaymond Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having this same issue, can we get this fixed?!

• mckeerw
    mckeerw Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, very annoying.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gkbergen

This started happening right after Quicken switched to the non-PDF attachment format.

I don't understand this. Quicken will attach any type of file. Can you explain what you think changed?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

First, I am very thankful that the spontaneous erasing of transactions when you attach a file has been resolved!!!! Good job! However, I am having the paper clip icon issue not showing up when you attach a doc to a transaction.

• Digitalparadigm
    Options

I am having the same issue and it is annoying. I am using Quicken Classic Premier version R53.16 on Windows 11 pro

• dvmdoc
    dvmdoc Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue I can no longer create attachments to a transaction. Once a transaction is already in register, I click on the paperclip - use dropdown to ADD FILE - browse to the .PDF to attach and click OPEN at which point it just dumps back to the "Transaction attachments window" with no image/preview of the attachment. R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16

• gkbergen
    gkbergen Member ✭✭
    Options

For Rocket Squirrel's question - when Quicken altered how the transaction attachments appeared this is when everything changed. The first image is how the attachments used to look in Quicken (apparently it still is for investment attachments - that's where I got the image). It worked great then. The second image is how it is now. In the second image, the attachment had to be added twice because the paperclip icon wouldn't appear otherwise to show that there is an attachment for that registry entry.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gkbergen I agree

• Jamesthirteen
    Options

Same issue. version R53.26. I have to scan some documents twice. Please Fix!!

• batguano
    batguano Member ✭✭
    Options

Same thing has been happening to me for weeks. Time wasted, attachments appear to be missing, many people annoyed and frustrated. Adding attachments has been a problem for months. Maybe longer. Please put a team to work to fix this function and make it work as documented and expected by Quicken Classic users.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? The issue with the attachment icon (paperclip) going missing was corrected in R52. Did you see the issue go away and then come back? If so, when did you first notice the issue returned? Does this happen only when attaching directly from a scanner, or do you also see this happen when adding the attachment from a saved file on your computer? Also, with some of these posts, it's unclear: are all of you seeing the same issue with the attachment icon not displaying, or are some of you having issues with the attachment itself not attaching?

I look forward to your responses!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sutcon
    sutcon Member
    Options

Usually the paperclip icon appears when I attach a file but not always. If I click the column where the attachment icon should appear and there is an attachment it will appear but the icon is not showing. If I delete the attachment and re-add then the icon will appear. I always add attachments from a saved file. Another issue is if the attachment is open in another app it will not attach because it is in use. Quicken used to tell you the file is in use but now it doesn't display any message. I'm on version R53.32 Build 27.1.53.32. Windows 10 Pro.

• Michael Lynch
    Michael Lynch Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

I solved this issue months ago by entering the same attachment a second time, but then I had two identical attachments.

So I deleted one of the identical attachement and that usually left the paperclip displaying properly.

However a new issue popped up a few days ago.
    The paperclip displays ok but the attachment seems to be lost.
    It also appears to be lost in the online app / sometimes.
    I am getting all kinds of strange alerts from quicken that I've never seen before.
    When I re-upload an attachment to a transaction, after getting the top message (seen below),
    the same message and shading reoccurs but then it DOES display the newly re-uploaded attachment even though it said it was missing. It continues to say "the specified file could not be found" whether or not a attachment is there.

THIS IS SERIOUS!

I've attached images below..
    The first one is from my Quicken Windows desktop.
    The second one is from the Quicken Apponline page.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Michael Lynch,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Andreaverr
    Andreaverr Member
    Options

I have the same issue, the paperclip icon appears when I scan a document or attach a file but not always. If I click the column where the attachment icon should appear and there is an attachment, it will appear but the icon is not showing. If I delete the attachment and re-scan or re-add then the icon will appear. Another issue is if the attachment is open in another app it will not attach because it is in use. Quicken used to tell you the file is in use but now it doesn't display any message. I'm on version R54.17 Build 27.1.54.17. Windows 11.

• batguano
    batguano Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

What Michael is reporting is a long-standing issue with Quicken Classic Premier. It's been reported several times by other users including me. It's a known, frequently encountered, annoying and time wasting bug in Quicken. Please escalate this issue to Quicken Support rather than require Quicken users to waste our time on the phone explaining a well known problem.

• davebelize
    davebelize Member
    Options

This made me nuts too.

Finally found how to prevent it.

Simpley add your attachment via drag and drop or browse but THEN YOU HAVE TO HIT ENTER AFTER ATTACHING, quicken will highlight the next line down, so you have to go back up one and select to keep editing.. THAT'S IT!!! (till we get a flat tax that is!)

• batguano
    batguano Member ✭✭
    Options

That works! Pending a proper fix from Quicken.

Thanks, Dave.

• gkbergen
    gkbergen Member ✭✭
    Options

Still happening after R55.15 update.

• davebelize
    davebelize Member
    Options

PAPER CLIP FIX WORKS EVERY TIME

For now, you simply have to hit enter after completing an attachment, works for me every time.

This discussion has been closed.