Bug in Reconcile Dialog

Options
Darren@
Darren@ Member, Windows Beta Beta

When manually reconciling an account, the two date fields for Service Charge and Interest Earned are too narrow to accept a date with 8 digits, like 10/30/2023.

I raised this issue 2 years ago (which was converted to a bug as it was reproduced by you. But then it was closed even though it wasn't fixed).

I raised it this time last year (issue 7905458). But it too is closed but with no explanation.

Maybe third time is the charm?

Making the input field a little wider should be pretty simple - please address ASAP. Would be nice to have it before the end of 2023 so that we can actually take advantage of the fix. Thanks.

Using R52.33 / 27.1.52.33

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And what seems to be the problem with these two fields?
    As you can see from the image below, I can input 8-digit dates.
    However, the field seems to be a little finicky when typing into it while a date already exists in the field. One has to clear the field first, before starting to type.

Using keyboard shortcuts like "m" or "h" also works properly.
    Do you have a problem with the size of the fields being too small to display everything because you use View / Use large fonts or a display setting greater than 125%?

A programmer reviewing the code in use on these two fields might be a good idea.

• Darren@
    Options

I can't enter the current date without first erasing the field.

Click in the field, press "/" to skip the month (11) and start typing to change the day - trying to enter a 2 digit day will be prevented. Only the first digit is accepted. Have to erase (or shorten) the year and can then go back to the day section and enter two digits.

This is an issue from Oct-Dec since the month field is two digits long.

I can use this same sequence (put focus on date field, hit "/" to move to day, type two digits) in registers, reports, etc. Everywhere else but on the reconcile screen.

• Darren@
    Options

In fact, I can't even enter all 8 digits - 11/11/2023 - preventing from type "3". I can only use 11/11/23. If I use the date popup and click the 11/11 date then the field is updated to "11/11/2023". I just can't type that…

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't type the slashes when entering a date. With the cursor blinking on the month, typing "11302023" works for me … after erasing any existing data ... so does "113023" or just "1130"

Remember to use keyboard shortcuts for entering date fields.

But, as I said before, you are correct. These date fields are a little short and finicky to use. A programmer should review the code.

• Darren@
    Options

typing "11302023" works for me … after erasing any existing data

OK, but I shouldn't have to erase the existing data. I don't need to do that when using date fields anywhere else. And I don't need to do that in months 1-9…

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Darren@,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Darren@
    Options

There is also a bug on the "Report a problem" dialog in the it is very hard to turn off all the checkboxes. The hover/focus area for the last two items is super small - like 1 pixel each - and can't find the click area for the corresponding checkbox…

And it has something to do with the scrollbar. Depending on the scrollbar position, the hit area moves slightly relative to the text.

This discussion has been closed.