Vanguard direct connect says transactions downloaded but nowhere to be found

Options

I have not been able to update Vanguard since 6/30/23. Have tried ALL the fixes in community and support articles: reset accounts, deactivated accounts, turned off automatic acceptance of transactions, restarted Quicken and computer, deleted computer temporary files, updated Quicken, updated branding, validated file, super-validated file. When I set up downloads again it looks like it's working, says it downloaded 1346 days of data, but they do not appear in the accounts so that I can review and accept. Vanguard does not appear in the One Step Update list even though the account list says it's set up for direct connect. I've talked to Vanguard but they can't help. Not getting error messages anymore. At first it was saying it downloaded data for accounts that do not exist. I tried setting up new accounts and linking, didn't work for direct connect but I could do web connect one time only. Deleted those accounts before validating. Can't get web connect to work either. My subscription is coming up for renewal. Very frustrated.

Comments

• dsboatz
    dsboatz Member
    Options

Now also having the same issue with Capital One.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @dsboatz,

To start troubleshooting this issue, I would recommend following the directions in this article on what to do when Quicken says there are transactions to review, but none are visible.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dsboatz
    dsboatz Member
    Options

I had turned off the automatic entries before. It turned itself back on. Followed the directions, didn't work for Vanguard. Capital One was already off for automatic entries, is set up as Express Web Connect +, and Capital One authorized me to download. Not sure what to do now.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• dsboatz
    dsboatz Member
    Options

I had already done this, but tried it again, deactivating, restarting, validating, restarting, activating with no results, deactivating, restarting, super validating, restarting, activating, checking every time that automatic entry is off. No luck. Transactions appear to download but there is nothing to accept, Downloaded Transactions (0). Vanguard doesn't appear in the One Step Update Settings.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you're not seeing Vanguard in One Step Update Settings, then is the account(s) currently not connected in Quicken?

Since you mentioned this issue started at the end of June, restoring from a backup would probably be a sub-optimal solution. I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file, which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below), which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.
    If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

It's important to know that all online services will be disconnected in the copied file, and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.