Payment Failed First National Bank of Omaha

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

For the last two months I have received a "payment failed" issue. The login information is accurate. Why is this continuing?

By the way, why didn't this "Improvement" work?

What’s Improved

Quick Pay payments are now more reliable. If a payment issue arises on a biller's website, Quicken will now seamlessly utilize the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network as a fallback, ensuring a consistently dependable payment process.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Greg Brown,

To assist with this issue, I checked on the server side. The additional details provided about the error indicate that when trying to make the payment, the financial institution is challenging for multi-factor authentication, which is causing the payment to fail. Have you spoken to the financial institution about this issue? Were there any recent changes to their website?

The increased reliability comes from the ACH fallback (click this link for more details), which is still relatively new and is currently supported by only 70 billers. Since First National Bank of Omaha is not yet one of the supported billers, ACH fallback was not an option for those payments.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Brown
    edited November 2023
    Options

No, I haven't spoken with FNBO. I pay for a subscription based Quicken, and believe support should be discussing this with FNBO's technical people. [Edited - Readability]

Thanks,

Greg

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

For privacy and security reasons, we are not able to reach out to a biller on behalf of a customer. That said, this issue has been reported to the proper channels, though we do not have an ETA. In the meantime, we recommend using an alternate payment method to ensure your bill gets paid on time.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Brown
    edited November 2023
    Options

BTW I reported this during beta testing for QuickPay, on October 4, 2023:

FNBO QuickPay Failed:

[Edit - Removed Personal Information From Screenshot]

• Greg Brown
    Options

I received this email form Support…

Hello,

We have received confirmation that the issue with the biller 

First National Bank of Omaha is a known issue. We are currently experiencing issues syncing First National Bank of Omaha accounts. We don't have an estimated time of resolution for this but can assure you that this is a priority of our development team. 

Please monitor and pay this biller directly to avoid any late fees. 

We will contact you as soon as further details are available. 

If you need additional assistance, please contact our Support Team at: 

Thank you,

Quicken Support

Regards,
    Quicken Customer Care https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried turning off 2FA at the bank's website? If that's possible, your Quick Pay payments should succeed.

If not possible, until this problem eventually gets resolved, recommend making payments directly from the bank's website.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Greg Brown
    Options

According to support, it's not a 2FA issue; We are currently experiencing issues syncing First National Bank of Omaha accounts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whatever problems FNBO currently has … if you need to make your payments on time, bypass Quick Pay and use the bank's website directly. That's all I'm trying to say.

• Greg Brown
    Options

I understand that. I am leaving enough time after "QuickPay fails" to pay at ether my bank website or FNBO website.

This discussion has been closed.