Where can I find all of the transactions downloaded by One-step update?

Options
funkws
funkws Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I am finding some discrepancies in what Quicken shows as new downloads versus the list from my broker. Is there a way to see all of the downloaded transactions (i.e. is there a location in Quicken that stores these so I can verify what was sent) ? This is with Quicken Premier under Windows 10 - both at current levels.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since the account is a Direct Connect style download, what you are looking for is at:

Help→Contact Support→Log Files→OFX log Save it to a text file and use Notepad to view it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OSU downloads are account-by-account … so there's no one place to find "all".

What sort of discrepancies are you finding? Because the downloads are created by your brokerage and only "collected" by Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the downloaded activity is in the log file ..

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• funkws
    funkws Member ✭✭
    Options

NotACPA - Thanks for the response. The errors are a few duplicate trasactions amd a few missing transactions. This is the first I have seen this happen, and I download broker transactions at least once a week. The broker (T Rowe) site shows the correct transactions being processed, but I can't see what was sent.

Pc56k2 - Thanks, but how do I find the log file? I do not see a command in Q that shows this file.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@funkws, when you do TOOLS, Account List … what shows in the "Transaction Download" column adjacent to your TRP account(s)?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• funkws
    funkws Member ✭✭
    Options

This:

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since the account is a Direct Connect style download, what you are looking for is at:

Help→Contact Support→Log Files→OFX log Save it to a text file and use Notepad to view it.

• funkws
    funkws Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. There sure is a mess of data in the log. I was able to find one of my missing transactions in the log, so now it looks like the broker did send the information but something is keeping Q from processing it. Strange that is was not the latest transaction (which might indicate the log was truncated), so something else is at work.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I deal with Edward Jones and Quicken does tweak the downloaded information. In my case, EJ will download a DIV and then a BUY (to reinvest the div) and Quicken turns it into a single ReInvest transaction, so sometimes, Quicken might indicate on the OSU summary that 20 transactions were downloaded, but only present 10 for acceptance because they were all ReInvest.

Regarding the log file, latest is at the bottom always, so I always navigate to the bottom and then search up. Yes, it is ugly, but after you look at it a while, it starts to make sense.

This discussion has been closed.