Tax planner acting strange

Options

Tax planner is showing "monthly" income for self, even though (a) I have 'use quicken data' selected and (b) the scheduled bills and deposits show up as every 2 weeks. Which, of course, throws all the calculations off. In the lower detail section it does show the upcoming deposits as scheduled.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @h stansfield,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When did you first notice this issue? Does selecting User Entered, then going back to Quicken data prompt it to show correct information, or is it still incorrect? Are the scheduled transactions correct elsewhere in your Quicken, but reflecting the wrong frequency in the Tax Planner, or are the scheduled transactions themselves incorrect?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• h stansfield
    h stansfield Member ✭✭
    Options

When I switch, on the witholding page, to 'user entered', everything goes to zero, and then when I switch back to use quicken data, it goes back to showing monthly paychecks.

Scheduled transactions are correct, just showing wrong frequency on the witholding section of the tax planner.

This may not be the best place but….on the lifetime planner it's not possible to put in a retirement date other than on a birthday.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm not able to replicate the issues you're describing, which indicates this may be a file specific issue. I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.