BMO U.S. One Step Update not working

Options
Pat Hickey
Pat Hickey Member ✭✭

I've been given a "Oops. We're having a problem" error for about a month now when trying to connect and then re-activate BMO U.S. bank accounts via One Step Update.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Pat Hickey,

To help you troubleshoot this issue, I checked for error messages on the server side. The error I'm seeing there is invalid credentials. I would recommend that you first backup your Quicken file and then follow the troubleshooting steps in this article on invalid credentials errors.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Pat Hickey
    Pat Hickey Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina,

This was an existing account that worked with One Step Update without incident before October. Re: troubleshooting credential errors, Username and Password are valid. Two issues I am not able to validate:

1. Password vault does not let me delete password and reenter (see image 1).
    2. I attempted to deactivate One Step Update and reactivate. However, I am not able to change the institution as it seems now hardcoded. (see image 2).

Thanks!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since the password vault shows "not required", that indicates the password is not stored in the vault. That is normal for accounts connected via Express Web Connect (EWC) or Express Web Connect + (EWC+). When there is no option to change the password through the vault, you would follow these steps from the article:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.

Once all the accounts are deactivated, you can reconnect them by going to Tools>Add Account, follow the prompts, and carefully link the accounts to the correct nicknames in Quicken.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Pat Hickey
    Pat Hickey Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Kristina, I was missing step #6 to deactivate all accounts at same institution. Adding back into One Step Update worked perfectly as expected from there. Consider this resolved!

Pat

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the issue is now resolved.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.