Chase multiple logins

Options
lo0
lo0 Member ✭✭

I have multiple Chase accounts associated with different logins. With the new Express Web Connect+ feature, I'm facing issues with Quicken recognizing that these accounts come from separate logins. To download transactions, I have to reset connections frequently. Every time I set up a connection for login #1, Quicken forgets about the accounts from login #2, making it impossible to download transactions for those accounts. What's even more frustrating is that when I switch to login #2 and try to download transactions, if I had previously downloaded transactions for login #1, it doesn't fetch transactions for the corresponding period for login #2. This forces me to reset connections constantly, and I still end up manually entering some transactions. This situation is incredibly frustrating.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As much extra work as EWC+ is causing because of the two different Chase IDs, you might consider going to the Chase website and downloading the Web Connect, .QFX, file.

Personally, I won't use EWC or EWC+ and do the .QFX file downloads and NEVER have an issue with the downloads. Now, I do admit that the recent Chase OL-221-A errors did cause an issue, but they caused an issue with the EWC/EWC+ downloads, so we were all in the same boat of Chase's making when they messed with their download software.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I personally am not experiencing this problem with multiple chase credit cards and a checking account. One thing to check is even though you do not have to store passwords for Express Web Connect in your vault, I am doing that and using one step update to download all transactions. It works for me, you may want to try it if not already doing it that way.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You need to clarify which One Step Update you are using. Is it the OSU (Tools menu) which does multiple accounts or the single account from that account's Actions (Ctrl-shift-N) menu, since they are treated by Quicken differently.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RichardCSchreyer
    edited November 2023
    Options

Run one step update of main view. Do not use sync web do not use One Drive all data C drive root

• lo0
    lo0 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'd like to emphasize that there are distinct logins for these accounts. I have an account in my name with four credit cards, and my wife has a separate login with different credit cards.

@RichardCSchreyer, you've mentioned multiple accounts. I'm specifically addressing the need for multiple accounts with distinct logins.

@splasher, yes, I can download the .QFX files. The issue arises when dealing with approximately ten different Chase credit cards and accounts, which are actually associated with three different logins. This process takes 15-20 minutes. The main idea behind a one-click update is to click once and return later with all the data updated.

As I mentioned, the problem, in my view, is that with EWC+, there's no way to inform Quicken that these accounts belong to different logins. It would be beneficial if Quicken could address this use case.

• RichardCSchreyer
    edited November 2023
    Options

As shown, I have two different logins for Chase one for my wife and one for me….

• lo0
    lo0 Member ✭✭
    Options

@RichardCSchreyer How did you manage to create second one?

• RichardCSchreyer
    Options

To test this out create a new quicken file and name it test making sure you place it on the C Drive root not a shared drive.

On the next screen make sure to turn off Sync

select add account

Select Chase

Get the Chase Sign In Screen

Add account to quicken and then click on add another account

Login with the other userid and password and then decide how you want the other account added to quicken

Now I have a file with Chase Multiple Accounts with multiple user names. Run One Step Update over multiple days and I think you will find that it works

• lo0
    lo0 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is all very nice.

But I'm not inclined to create new file, when I have existing with 15 years of financial history

• RichardCSchreyer
    Options

All I'm saying is that the functionality of multiple accounts between Quicken and Chase does work in the universal sense. Why it doesn't wrk for you should be discussed with Quicken support.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it is worth, Multiple logins work fine for me and my wife too.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Owl97
    Owl97 Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Chase credit cards under my name and hers. I'm only able to get one to update with Express Web Connect. I'm currently just downloading a qfx file for the one of the logins as a workaround, but it is a pain. Would be great to understand why this is happening.

This discussion has been closed.