Schwab Money Market (SWVXX) transactions download only incomplete data

Options
Froemelt
Froemelt Member ✭✭

Schwab Money Market transactions are currently only partially downloaded. Only "Dividend Income" shows in Quicken, but "Buy/Sell" is NOT being downloaded. Quicken represents SWVXX as cash instead of its symbol.

The impact is that the Cash and Portfolio balance will be incorrect and Tax reports will be wrong since they will not reflect capital gains implications.

Quicken provides a "cop-out" notice in this issue, but in my view fails to address this issue, instead recommending that "Buy/Sell" transaction should be manually entered into Quicken.

Comments

• Froemelt
    Froemelt Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken - please fix this issue

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might try this option:

But if I understand correctly what is happening, it isn't going to matter, and Quicken Inc has no control over this. If Schwab has decided to code what it sends for SWVXX as cash transactions, there isn't anything Quicken Inc or Intuit (Quicken Inc's aggregator) can do about it. They can't make up transactions that don't exist.

Note that when Quicken (the program) has a choice, then it in fact gives the user a choice.

Going to my wife's Chase IRA account and selecting the gear icon → Update cash balance, results in this dialog:

Selecting the Cash Representation button:

As you can see, I can change whether QDERQ is treated as cash or a security.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.