no transactions to download

Options
Clint4
Clint4 Member ✭✭

I need to deactivate and reactivate my American Express account in Quicken. When I try and do so, I get a message that says "Quicken can not edit American Express because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list. Finish accepting the downloaded transactions, and then try again." I have no red flag and no transactions to download. I tried the fix that calls for a change to the downloaded transactions preferences, but it did not work. Please help - thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Clint4,

First, I suggest you try turning off the Auto-Entry setting and see if doing so will then allow you to deactivate the account in order to reactivate and reset the connection. 

You can find the Auto-Entry setting in the Online Services tab (right-click account name > Edit/Delete account > Online Services > Auto-Entry: Off/On). After you reactivate, you can switch this setting back to your original preference. Once you've changed this setting, go ahead and try deactivating the account. 

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, reactivate through Add Account, by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Clint4
    Clint4 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried turning auto entry off and both resetting and deactivating several times with the same result - "Quicken can not edit American Express because there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list. Finish accepting the downloaded transactions, and then try again.". The red flag is back but there are no transactions shown in Downloaded Transactions.

Thanks

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for providing additional details.

Next, I suggest that you review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article and see if these steps may help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LouBorella
    LouBorella Member ✭✭
    Options

After much reading and frustration I think I found the issue.

Noticed that most of the accounts that were not downloading transactions were Credit Cards.

Also noticed that these were all categorized as "business" accounts.

After much failed troubleshooting (including all of the suggestions by Quicken support) here is what worked.

I turned off the "Online Services."

I then switched the category of the accounts to "Personal".

I then reactivated the "Online Services"

BINGO … Problem solved …

Hope this helps!!

You all owe me a beer …

This discussion has been closed.