Locks up when Adding an Account

Options
Martin3223
Martin3223 Member ✭✭

I'm trying to add an account. Quicken Lockup and I can't do updates or any other function.

I have reloaded Quicken and I have:

Comments

1. Navigate to Edit.
  2. Preferences...
  3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts.
  4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
  5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out.
  6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Too no avail. Quicken still locks up.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Martin3223,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? When did this issue first start? Which financial institution is the account with? Do you have the same issue when you try another connection (some financial institutions have more than one connection available in Quicken)?

Do you keep your Quicken file on your C drive or is it on a shared network drive?  Is your Quicken file synced with any cloud service, such as One Drive or Dropbox (if it is, you will usually see the service name listed in the file location)? 

The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

If the Quicken file is synced with a cloud service, try either moving the file so it's not synced, or pausing the cloud service when you are using Quicken.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.