Issues with Quicken update of Ally Bank

Options
Candy Man
Candy Man Member ✭✭

I was unable to update my accounts in Quicken with Ally Bank. I then went to the Ally website and was unable to sign in. Their tech support advised me that a recent merger affected the log in User ID if the character “&” was in the User ID. Ally fixed my issue and I was able to log into both of my accounts on their website.

I then tried another update in Quicken and got a CC-503 error on each attempt. But on my last try, I got a CC-902 error, which meant I was locked out of Ally for too many attempts. I called Quicken support and was told to wait a couple of hours and retry. I did and got the CC-503 error again. I called Quicken Tech support and allowed the support asst to get on my computer. Multiple checks and changes were done but without any progress or success. She gave me a case number of #10576028 and told me this would have to be kicked up the ladder. I waited a couple of days and called Quicken Support again. I got nowhere with the person who answered my call. He spoke very poor English – did not seem to recognize my issue – and appeared disinterested in quickly getting my issue resolved. Out of frustration with his incompetence, I said good-bye.

I am reaching out to anybody who can help me get my updates again from Ally Bank. Ally is pointing at Quicken as the source of my problem. Because I have no trouble signing into the Ally website but can’t access the Ally website through Quicken, makes me believe that this is a Quicken issue. I look forward to any suggestions!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Candy Man,

To assist with this issue, could you please clarify some information? From what you describe in your post, it sounds like you changed your User ID with Ally Bank. Is that correct?

If that is correct, and you haven't already done so, you will need to deactivate and reconnect your Ally account(s) in Quicken. The reason for this is deactivating and reconnecting the account(s) will allow you to update the User ID for the account(s) in Quicken. To do this please backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps (from this article on CC-503 errors):

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Go to Tools>Add Account
    8. Follow the on-screen prompts to reconnect your account(s).
    9. Make sure to carefully link your account(s) to the correct nickname in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Candy Man
    Candy Man Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm not sure exactly what Ally Bank did on their end with my User ID which contained the character "&", but on my end, nothing was changed. I am still using the original User ID. I did the above account deactivation several times and got no further than the CC-503 error. Yet I have no issues signing in directly to the Ally Bank website.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I sent you a DM, please check your inbox.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.