PayPal Credit, Savings and Crypto (Still & Again)

Options
Bruce Rose
Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭

Good Day to All:

Quicken is not updating/downloading my PayPal Crypto or Savings account. Apparently the Credit Card is also no longer downloading/updating.

Are we anywhere near getting a resolution? I'd appreciate any information anyone has on these issues.

Regards,

-Bruce

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Bruce Rose,

To troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide additional information? When did this issue start? The known issue with PayPal Credit, Savings, and Crypto missing transactions/not downloading was marked as resolved in early October. Was it working and then the issue came back? Are you receiving any error messages or error codes when you try to update your accounts? If not, then what is happening when you try to update?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the swift response.

It stopped working about two months ago. No error messages or codes. Updates either through one step or resetting the account seems to process, but no information is ever downloaded.

Regards.

-Bruce

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Does One Step Update Summary show 0 transactions downloaded, or is it claiming transactions did download for that account, but you can't see them?

If you haven't done so already, please check at the top of the register for the problem account(s) and make sure there are no filters active, then click on the date column header to make sure everything is properly sorted by date.

This can help if the transactions have downloaded, but are being hidden or aren't where you expect them to be in the register.

If One Step Update is claiming transactions did download and the process above doesn't make them visible, you may want to go to Tools>Account List and check to see if there's a duplicate account the transactions are downloading into.

If One Step Update is claiming there are no new transactions downloaded and you've verified on the financial institution website that there are posted transactions to download, then you may need to refresh your Quicken. To do this, first backup your Quicken file. Then, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click on the blue link that says "Sign in as a different user".

A confirmation window will pop up. Type "yes", then click the Sign Out button and wait while Quicken signs you out.

When it finishes logging out, it will go to the login screen. Do not log in yet. Close out of the Quicken program and leave it closed for about 5 seconds, then go ahead and reopen the program.

When it comes up to the login screen, log in and run One Step Update (note: it may take longer than normal since this process does clear out some cached information). Once the One Step Update finishes, check to see if the missing transactions downloaded.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the response and detailed instructions:

Unfortunately, this did not help. My PayPal credit account did not update. There are completed and processed entries on the PayPal website which did not download/update to my quicken account during one step update OR with a reset account procedure.

Regards,

-Bruce

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, since they have access to tools that I don't, and can escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the follow up…

This discussion has been closed.