CIT Bank-New download issue

Options
FNC
FNC Member

I was experiencing the recent CIT connection\download issue. This morning when trying to update I was stuck in a loop of Quicken asking for login code (two factor ID), once I entered CIT code received from CIT Quicken software initiated process over and over. Each time a code was received from CIT and each time the new code was entered the process started over.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @FNC,

To troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When you say you were experiencing the recent CIT connection/download issue, is this the one you are referring to?

When did the issue shift from the connection/download issue to this current issue with the multi factor authentication looping? Have you tried closing and re-opening Quicken since the issue started? Have you restarted your computer since the issue started?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Marcus Molina
    Options

Same here. Every time I sync, I'm asked to enter a code generated by CIT Bank. Very annoying. This never happened before…

• cjgardner
    Options

I am also having this problem (CIT Bank account not updating through Quicken). My experience with Quick is the same as described by FNC on November 10. Eventually, the multiple attempts by Quicken cause CIT Bank to lock my account.

It started about the same time CIT Bank changed the login process I see when logging into their website (i.e., not through quicken) - on the website, you can no longer cut the code texted to your phone and paste it into the CIT Bank website because the input area requires each digit in the code to be entered individually.

I have also had to change my password for the CIT Bank website - when I try to make that change in the Quicken password vault, there's no option to edit CIT Bank password information. The "Password Stored" column for CIT Bank says "not required" and the key icon reveals "You no longer need to enter your financial institution credentials for Express Web Connect accounts."

It sounds like CIT Bank has made changes to its login processes that Quick or Express Web Connect hasn't caught up to yet.

This discussion has been closed.