One step update to see details

Options
Dennis4@
Dennis4@ Member ✭✭

Hi,

This might be something I can't find or not available. I do one step updates, while it updates, I read emails or on the web. The other night I was trying to log into a financial site and was locked out, wondering why due to the fact I use a second validation to enter the site. I never received the text to validate. Well this really upset me as I am very concerned about being hacked. I really felt that someone got into my account and changed the pw and the second validation or removed it. The financial institution was closed, so I couldn't call them to see why. Looking into it, I found I changed the pw about a week earlier, I never changed it on Quicken update. When the screen at the end showed no issues, I never thought about the change of pw. I then did an update and watched the screen, I saw that I received an error on the institution during the update process, causing my attempts each evening to cause the lock out. So, why wouldn't the summary screen show the error? I even looked to find in the Quicken program after the update to see if I can see the error. Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Dennis4@,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? After the One Step Update completed, was it showing a summary screen that showed no errors, or was the summary screen just not visible?

If the summary just wasn't visible, you would be able to view the most recent One Step Update Summary in your Quicken by going to Tools>One Step Update Summary.

If the summary was visible, but showing no errors, that may be due to the way the financial institution server handled the issue or it could be something specific to your file. Which financial institution was having this issue?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dennis4@
    Dennis4@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I do see the summary page after the update is done. When I go into tools, I can see that same page. If I don’t watch the updating process on the screen, I miss the errors. I was trying to find that screen to show errors under tools or other pulldown, but could not find it. If I am correct, and not being able to see that because I don’t think many people actually watch the updating screen, I could be wrong. it would be a recommendation to have that option.

I believe this would happen with the same error from any financial institution.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

What errors do you see during the updating process that are not displaying on the One Step Update Summary screen?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Dennis4@
    Dennis4@ Member ✭✭
    Options

I am sorry, I do not recall the exact comment during the process. I had updated my password on the banks site but not in Quicken, forgetting to update the Quicken program, I was not watching the process screen (which I normally do not watch) I believe it said error try later. My point is the summary screen when I went back to Quicken didn't show any errors. That got me locked out of the banks site for numerous attempts. If you want me to change the pw on Quicken to give you this detail, I will. Dennis

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Let's try some troubleshooting first, and if the issue persists, please get the exact wording of the error or a screenshot.

Since you mentioned that this issue started after you'd changed the login credentials with the financial institution, but hadn't yet updated that information in Quicken, we're going to follow troubleshooting steps from this article on the invalid credentials error. Please backup your Quicken file and make sure the financial institution hasn't locked the account prior to following these steps:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts.
    8. Carefully re-link your account(s) to the correct name in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Dennis4@
    Dennis4@ Member ✭✭
    Options

ok. Never mind. Thanks anyway.
    Dennis

This discussion has been closed.