Report Columns keep reverting to default layout

Options
tom 8021
tom 8021 Member ✭✭

I am on Ver52.33 running spending itemized categories report. The column widths revert to default after I recategorize a transaction. This is a pain when I have a lot of uncategory transactions to put in the right category. This use to work fine earlier in the year? I only do this every couple of months , so can't tell which version it was working ? Is there a better way to do this ? I am a home user not an accountant.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @tom 8021,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(QWIN-22673)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having problem with the column widths as well. In reading these threads I see that this has been an ongoing issue although I only seem to have noticed it the past couple of months. I'm running version R52.12 because I'm still waiting for them to fix the memo issue on reports that shows up in subsequent updates.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a workaround (or maybe a better alternative) consider using the All Transactions register view.
    Filter
    this view to show only Uncategorized transactions.
    Optionally change the view to show 2 lines per transaction instead of one. Toggle with CTRL-2

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Dear UKR,

I'm a little confused at what you're saying there. What would the transaction register view have to do with looking at sub reports? We're dealing with two totally different situations aren't we?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The report generator being a little flaky is a long-standing issue. There won't be a quick fix an time soon.
    All I'm doing is giving you an alternative method to fix up your uncategorized transactions, without having to wrestle with the report layout.

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't have any uncategorized transactions to fix up. When I view a report it's important to be able to click on the category and show up the transactions that made-up that total.

That's interesting that the report generator being flaky has been a long standing issue. I don't really remember running into the problem until just the past month or so. I'm sure you're right as when I looked at it online there were lots of people going back a few years complaining about it. I guess I was just lucky for all those years. Thanks again for trying to help and thanks for the information.

This discussion has been closed.