Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Discover is not downloading again!!

Comments

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

I have the same problem. It only worked once for me, then stopped again. The previous thread said it was solved and closed, I'd say NO.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Steve DaVanzo,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When did it stop working again? Are you getting any error messages or error codes when you try to update your accounts? If you're not getting any errors, then what is happening when you try to update your accounts?What kind of accounts are failing to update (checking, savings, credit, etc)? Which connection are you using (Discover Bank, Discover Card, etc)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

Thanks Kristina,

I have two accounts with Discover. A savings and a Discover More Card Account. The savings account has always updated correctly, therefore all details are for the Discover More card. The last time Discover card updated was 11/03. I have tried "update all online accounts" as well as "update selected online account". The Update Summary always indicates that there was a successful connection and also reports that 0 transactions were downloaded. This behavior has occurred on and off since June or July. I use my Discover Card at least once per week. The connection is through Discover Bank and has not changed since March of 2023.

Thanks,

Steve

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To get the card to download properly, I would recommend that you first backup your Quicken file, then deactivate just the Discover More Card Account. Once it is deactivated, please go to Accounts>Add Account and try connecting it to the Discover Card instance.

Follow the prompts to reconnect the account and carefully relink it in your Quicken. If it sees your savings account also, make sure that it's set to Ignore, since you do not want to change the instance the savings account is connected to.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

Kristina,

Thanks for the suggestion, however, it still does not load any transactions after 11/3/2023 and now I have lost all transactions prior to 9/14/2023.

Steve

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

Transactions shouldn't go missing if you're reconnecting the account. Did the account get added as a new account, or were you able to link it to the existing account? Going to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts should allow you to see all accounts in your Quicken file, if you want to check to see if you ended up with a duplicate account.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

There is a second Discover account in the Accounts listing. It is marked as closed and the last entry in the register is from 2010. In addition, I never used that account with online updates, it was strictly a manual account. I have used Quicken continuously since 1998. Yeah, I'm old! I loaded a backup from the time when Discover was updating correctly and this old account is also listed the same as it is today. I have reverted back to the backup I made prior to attempting your suggestion. I don't know if the size and age of my file could be a source of the problem. If there is a way to trim it back to seven years ( I need to keep 7 years for IRS purposes) I'd be game to give it a try.

Thanks for all your help. I know that in the grand scheme of things this is probably not a big deal, but I really appreciate your help.

Steve

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Did restoring the backup allow you to recover the missing information? Is that Discover card downloading properly in the restored file, are are you still not getting any downloads since 3 November?

There isn't a built in tool to trim a Quicken for Mac file, in part because file issues in Quicken for Mac are rare. If you believe older data in your file is the reason for the issue, you can backup your file and try manually deleting the older data. Alternatively, you could also create a new Quicken file (File>New, then follow the prompts), connect your financial institutions in the new file, and be able to switch between the new and the old files if you need to access older information (File>Open Recent, then pick the applicable file to switch to it).

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

Yes, restoring the backup did recover the missing information. No, restoring from the backup did not solve the problem. Quicken still connects fine, says it's downloading transactions and still gives me nothing beyond 11/3/2023. Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I want to try recreating the whole file. I'm still open to any other suggestions.

Thanks Again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

To test if there may be an issue with that specific account in your file, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file, deactivate the problem account, then add it to your file as a new account by going to Accounts>Add Account, selecting the Discover Card connection, and following the prompts (being careful to add as new rather than link to the existing account).

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

This worked — sort of. I had the same issue as before and restored from my backup. When I started using the backup, Quicken somehow lost my cloud file. I needed to reconnect all of my accounts (which wasn't too bad). When I reconnected to Discover Bank, all my Discover accounts updated correctly and everything is up to date - go figure. So my problem is solved (cross you fingers that this keeps working in the future). I don't know how this will help someone in the future — maybe you just need to recreate the cloud file. Thanks again for your patient assistance.

Steve

• Steve DaVanzo
    Options

There is a slight but important difference from my previous post. I had to connect my savings account to Discover Bank and my Discover Card to discovercard.com. Very Important!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

I'm glad to hear it's working now. From what you describe, it sounds like resetting/recreating the cloud account & making sure each account was connected to the proper Discover connection is what fixed the issue.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.