Double payments via Bill Pay? Resolution?

Options
kaneuge
kaneuge Member ✭✭

I got the following error when attempting to use Quick Pay of QC5-504-4. 'Not initiate payment on biller website via Service Provider. Service Unavailable, pay via website". I contacted Customer Service and was told it was probably an issue with PNC Bank. I was told to deactivate and reconnect to PNC Banking which I did. I tried again to send these two bills for payment but software indicated that Quick Pay was not available. Quick Pay went thru and paid both accounts TWICE, the second set failing due to duplicates caught by the biller. No indication in Quicken that payments occurred or entry in my check register. Payments were sent to PNC to process (first set of payments), and both billers indicated they received a payment via email. Last used Quick Pay on 11/3 with no issues. Everything went haywire when I tried to use Quick Pay on 11/9. Quicken Classic Premier. Version R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33

Comments

• jedazmisc
    Options

I have what is probably the same issue with Quicken Classic, only with Chase bank. Pay a bill with quickpay, get a "Could not initiate a payment on the biller website via Service Provider. Service is Unavailable. (Code: QCS-504-4). Log in to the biller website with a browser to make this payment".

So I go to Chase and make the payment - only to discover a few minutes later that the quickpay payment was also made, regardless of the error message. So the bill was paid twice (which, in this particular case, was not a big deal, since the amount was a small amount so the account was just credited the amount).

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.