Mistakenly match the incorrect transaction to a bill reminder

Options

Hello I've mistakenly matched the incorrect transaction to a Bill Reminder. I can't seem to figure out how to correct the bill/transaction. The issue is that I had two transactions for the same amount. I didn't pay enough attention to the description and now I can't correct the bill reminder.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you're trying to edit the instance of the reminder that you accidentally matched, once it is entered into the register or matched to a transaction in the register, that particular instance is no longer a reminder. At that point, it becomes a transaction in the register that you can edit just like any other transaction.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @thedrou,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide additional information? Do you use automatic entry into the register (you would see blue dots next to newly downloaded transactions), or do you use manual entry (a red flag shows next to the account and the transactions are in an area below the register)?

If you use automatic entry and you haven't already marked the erroneously matched transaction as reviewed, then it will likely have a blue pencil icon by it saying "new match".

To un-match it, you would need to left click where it says new match, then select the un-match this transaction option.

If you use manual entry, then I would recommend following one of Sherlock's suggestions from this earlier Community Post:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• thedrou
    thedrou Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Kristina,

No, I don't use automatic entry into the register. Basically, I "enter" the bill reminder from the "Bill & Income" window where all the Bill Reminders are. From the Action column, I select Enter for the specific Bill and usually edit the instance to match the amount and date with the download transaction. Normally, once all of my Bill Reminders are entered, I will go to the account in question and "match" the transaction from the register. In this case, I incorrectly entered the Bill reminders to a transaction of the same amount. I can't seem to find how to edit the particular instance for that bill reminder.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you're trying to edit the instance of the reminder that you accidentally matched, once it is entered into the register or matched to a transaction in the register, that particular instance is no longer a reminder. At that point, it becomes a transaction in the register that you can edit just like any other transaction.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.