Interest Rates on Quicken for Mac

Options

I was going through my finances on Quicken Classic for Mac and realized there was no way to assign an interest rate to credit cards. If my memory serves me correctly, there used to be a way on Windows, and I found this a handy feature when trying to figure out a debt repayment solution. Can we please bring this to the Mac version of Quicken?

Tagged:
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I've always been a Quicken Mac user, so I'm not familiar with this Quicken Windows feature. Is the interest rate simply for display purposes (where was it visible?), or did it actually calculate and post interest fee transactions? I'm not clear on how Quicken could know the posting dates of every transaction and payment in order to accurately match a bank's calculation of interest, but perhaps this is do-able.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Quicken Windows the interest rate for a credit card is entered on the Account Details dialog:

As for where it is used. It is used in the Debt Reduction planner (which Quicken Mac doesn't have).

It is also, displayed (but otherwise) not used on the Properties & Debit tab.

It isn't used for any transaction kind of data.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/