Retirement switched companies

Options
rock101
rock101 Unconfirmed, Member

After I retired my retirement accounts were bought by another company. When I try to put in new account numbers and passwords Q asks me which account to put them in. When I enter the old account Q says that name is already in use. Isn't there a way to start downloading transactions from the new company to continue with the new one? Thanks.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You shouldn't be entering the name of the account, you should be "linking" to the existing account.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the new custodian of the account allows for downloading into Quicken then the fastest way to accomplish this is to deactivate your current retirement Quicken Accounts from downloading. Do this for all your current Quicken Accounts. Deactivating gives you access to the "Financial Institution" and "Account Number" fields, so delete this information from all the Quicken Accounts you've deactivated. Then, select one of the Quicken Accounts and under the "Online Options" tab of "Account Details", click on "Set up Now." That should allow you find the new Financial Institution and begin the connection process for all the Quicken Accounts. Make sure to LINK, not ADD.

This discussion has been closed.