Paycheck Setup

Options
Tom Na
Tom Na Member

Have been using paycheck setup to enter paychecks for a long time. Edit paychecks each time they are entered because amounts change from paycheck to paycheck. Purchased new PC and transferred data. Both old and new PC's are using Windows 11. Unable to edit paychecks after transfer. Net amount entered but setup of deductions now does not appear. Could new version of Windows 11 have a setup to block data?

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Tom Na,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide additional information? Did this issue start immediately after moving your Quicken file to the new PC? What method did you use to transfer the file (for instance, did you copy the file to an external drive to move it, or did you copy a backup of the file and restore the backup on the new PC, or did you email the file to yourself to get it to the new PC, or some other process)? What is happening when you try to edit the paychecks? Is this happening with paycheck reminders, or is this happening with paychecks you'd already entered into your register?

The default software loaded on a new Windows 11 PC can vary drastically depending on where you bought it and which model it is. The main universal thing on Windows 11 that can cause trouble is, by default, your Documents folder is synced with OneDrive. If you have your Quicken file in the Documents folder, then it is possible that OneDrive may be causing issues if it is trying to access the file while you are using Quicken. If the file is synced with OneDrive, then you should see it reflected in the file location. The simplest way to check your file location, if you have Quicken up and the file open, is to click on File, then look near the bottom of the list, just above where it says Exit.  It will list the file locations for the 4 Quicken files you have most recently accessed, with the one you are currently in at the #1 spot.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom Na
    Tom Na Member
    Options

Problem started immediately. Transferred using Carbonite. It looked like all data files transferred. Discovered a problem with paycheck setups. I then tried to redownload the data files using a copy of the file emailed to me. Then tried coping file to OneDrive. None of these worked. The issue is the setup of a recurring paycheck and the associated deductions from the gross pay. Not an issue on my old PC, worked perfectly. On the new PC it doesn't allow me to setup or change an existing paycheck. Need to make edits on these paychecks periodically. Also, all previous paychecks don't allow me to edit but if you scroll over the "open the split transaction window" you can see the previous amounts that were in the paycheck setup and downloaded to a checking account. If I go to the "Bill & Income" tab I can see the previous setups of any paychecks but can't edit them.

Using Windows 11 Pro. Old computer uses Windows 11 Home.

It does look like Quicken is in the Documents folder.

C:/Users/dmnas/Documents/Quicken/

What do you suggest that I change to resolve my issue? Could the difference between having the previous Home version vs. the Pro version of Windows 11 cause this issue?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried reinstalling the Quicken program?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.