Keyboard and time based macros that work very well with Quicken Mac.

crashmeister3
crashmeister3 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

There is a Keyboard Macro app that enables you to set up time or key-combo based tasks.

I have used it to:

1. set Quicken to Auto Update at set times of the day (7am, 12pm and 7pm)
  2. Set up key combos to update transaction data (eg: ^E to change Action to EFT)

This makes using Quicken much easier.

Unfortunately, it's not free, but I have found it well worth the cost.

I don't think I can post the name here, but try googling 'keyboard macro software for mac'.

Comments

• crashmeister3

I got into trouble with the moderators trying to be helpful before, so I took the cautious route.

Yes, I am referring to Keyboard Maestro. Great product, but requires tech ability to use.

How can we tag macros if we post them here? I'd be happy to share.

• crashmeister3

You can export a macro, or copy/paste macros as XML. What is the the preferred format for posting?

This is an exported one. Rename to remove the .jpg extension.

• crashmeister3

BTW, the size of the exported macro is very small (4.6k) in the above case. I see no harm posing them like that.

• crashmeister3

Here is one to change the action field. This one has delays built in to allow Quicken to respond. Depending on how fast/slow your computer is, the delays may have to be tweaked. It uses Ctrl-Shift-T to change the Action field to 'Transfer', then move to the next transaction. This allows repeated processing if you have multiple transactions in a row that you want to modify. I also set up (copy and modify macro) Ctrl-Shift-E = EFT, B = Blank, D = Deposit, V = EFT-Venmo, Z = EFT-Zelle, R=Refund.

The image shows the steps. The downloaded file has the macro. Remove '.jpg'.

• smayer97
    smayer97 Quicken Mac Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Another great macro + gesture trigger tool is BetterTouchTool. $10/2 yrs or $22/lifetime.

"BetterTouchTool is a great, feature packed app that allows you to customize various input devices on your Mac."

https://folivora.ai/

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• crashmeister3

Mmm, I wonder if the upload modifies something. You did rename to remove the .jpg to get a .kmmacros file right ?

• crashmeister3

One area where these apps fail, is executing when the Mac is sleeping (screen locked). I reverted back to my AppleScript app for the auto update as that works even if you away from the Mac (screen locked), but still logged in.

This discussion has been closed.