Biller names not showing, and amounts are $0.00 in Bills & Income

Options

I am not sure when this happened, but when I go to Bills & Income > Bills, all of my biller names are blank and the amounts are showing $0.00, and the dates do not look to be correct either (Photo below).

Auto-reminders are still entering correctly, and when I go into calendar view, I can see all of the billers there, with the correct dates and amounts. I can even edit the data from the calendar view.

I've had cloud sync disabled since the last debacle (Auto-Enter reminders being reset upon sync), so that wouldn't be causing it. I tried validating and repairing the file, but that did not help. I've tried adjusting the views, but the only one that I can see any data on is the calendar view.

Updating any info on the calendar view does not correct the list view.

I am running the latest version of Quicken Deluxe.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @JPJigglesworth,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? You said you don't know when it happened, but do you recall when you first noticed this issue? Have you restarted your Quicken program and restarted your computer since then? You mentioned you tried a validate; did the validate find any issues?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JPJigglesworth
    Options

I first noticed the issue today. I don't go into the biller section too often. The last time I did was probably around the time the cloud-sync issue was happening a couple months ago.

I did try to close the application and reopen it several times, as well as reboot the PC. The validation did not find any issues. I'm sorry I can't offer more info, but that is all the info I have.

Is there anything else I can check?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go into Tools / Manage Bill & Income Reminders.
    Does this view show a number of reminders, similarly odd looking, with Status = Done, $0.00, etc.?

If so, this should take care of them:

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    5. If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• JPJigglesworth
    JPJigglesworth Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you for your response. Yes, the 0 dollar amounts are still showing in Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders.

Unfortunately, after updating, rebooting, validating, then super validating it is still not showing properly. I do not know when this started, I probably haven't been in that section of Quicken in months, and I am not sure I want to go back that far.

If there is nothing else I can try, I may just wait for the next update or two and see if it helps. If not I may just go through and delete all of the reminders and re-create and see if that helps (though if I create a new one now, it still does not show properly in the Bills Section).

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Click the gear-wheel icon in the upper-right of the Bills & Income > Bills display.

In the resulting dropdown, hover your cursor on "Review and Repair", and try the choices offered there.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JPJigglesworth
    JPJigglesworth Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Well, this is weird. There were no options under the gear you had mentioned aside from repair online billers, which I don't use, so it came back with no errors.

I was poking around in that section and collapsed the top triangle (highlighted below) and all of my recurring bills showed up properly under the 2nd section. I did not see them there because the first section is a mile long, and I apparently did not scroll enough or notice the option (or need) to collapse the first section.

No clue why it is showing up this way

It looks like all of the bad reminders were for only 1 account.

I was going to manually delete them all, but that was going to take all evening to delete them all because 1.) There are about 150 of them, 2.) Quicken is super laggy (took about 20 seconds each to delete them, as Quicken hang between deletions.

I ended up exporting that account to a QIF file, and deleting it, which got rid of the reminders. I created an offline account, imported the QIF, and then re-authorized it for online services.

I thought that was a good idea, but upon validating, ALL of them returned 😀

This account is one that I do not really need, so I just deleted it completely, left it out of Quicken, and validated. They all returned, though the account was no longer in quicken.

I guess I'll delete some every few days until they are gone, and see if that helps. I'll chalk it up to yet another frustration with this program, and another hour of my life wasted on troubleshooting it.

No way this is the same "Quicken Classic" that their CEO uses :D.

Anyway Thank you all who answered and pointed me in a direction where I could at least see my real reminders.

This discussion has been closed.