Troubleshooting logging in/ signing up issue for Canadian users ...

Options
Gingercat
Gingercat Member

There is a software bug (only applicable for Canadian users) when the user is in the process of signing up / completing the purchase, once he/she enters the ZIP code ( in the case of Canada it is the postal code) and hits Enter, the rest of the info disappears from the screen and you have to start all over again by entering your email, address, CC info, etc. The process can be repeated multiple times with no success. I found how to bypass: instead of a Canadian postal code, enter ANY USA ZIP code ( in my case I used a ZIP code of Syracuse University) and the system lets you complete the order/subscription. Hope this will help Canadians to troubleshoot. Have fun everyone and enjoy working with Quicken as it still has many good features.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gingercat,

Thank you for coming to share this information with other users in the Quicken Community!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That bug has been reported by many people on the forum and it has been present for a long time. This problem with the subscription/renewal form is just one of many ways where the Canadian version of Quicken is not fully Canadian-ized. I'm not dissing Gingercat from reporting the problem… I'd just like to see these things get fixed when they are reported. I haven't traced back to see when this was first reported, but I think it was between 1-2 years ago and there have been many reports since then.

With some irony, maybe this is a very useful bug in that it gives users fair warning to expect that other aspects of the Canadian experience won't be very Canadian, eh!

This discussion has been closed.