Please provide extension API

Options
SFraser
SFraser Member ✭✭

For three years now the product is incorrectly using an informative message as a cash balance for Fidelity Investments. I can quickly fix this if you provide a way to provide extensions. Please provide a way for end users to extend the product. Consider the following:

a) Start with a SPI for developers to use. Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) to the persistence.

b) Extend to a menu to execute as 'macro' or SPI

c) Generalize as a set of macros

d) Provide high level drag and drop to edit a macro

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

What is that message? There's probably a different resolution to your situation. I'm also a Fidelity customer, and I'm not having the error you describe.

BTW, the message is, in all likelihood, coming from Fidelity themselves … and not Q.

Also, this thread is about Fidelity Investments … whereas your earlier thread, with essentially the same complaint, is about Fidelity NetBenefits. Are you having the same issue with both/

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are you going to magically correct incorrect information?

Given that Fidelity is still on Direct Connect that means that this the communication is directly between Quicken (the program) and Fidelity's server using the OFX protocol.

You can see the whole conversation in the OFX log file:

Help → Contact Support → Log Files → OFX Log.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, the message is, in all likelihood, coming from Fidelity themselves … and not Q.

More likely, Fidelity is sending the wrong information, and Quicken is responding to it issuing the message he sees.

In any case APIs for controlling Quicken is neither going to happen or is the right thing to do.

If Fidelity is sending the wrong information, they need to fix it. If Quicken is improperly responding to what Fidelity has sent, then Quicken Inc needs to fix Quicken. By no means would you want arbitrary developer able to override what Quicken is doing. Quicken Inc can't even do this properly. Sync to Web/Mobile is an example of "external code" being able to tell Quicken what to do. Like change/delete/… transactions, list and other things. And it has proven to corrupt data files in some cases.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.