All Budgets Are Gone

Options
GLKNY
GLKNY Member ✭✭✭

A few days ago (today is 11/16/23) in the Planning" tab I went to the budget page to look at this years budget and it was gone. In fact years of budgets are gone. The budget page now is like a brand new Quicken page where the only option is to create a new budget.

I'm using Quicken for Windows 10. Version R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try restoring a backup to before this happened.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @GLKNY,

It sounds like you could be experiencing a data file issue.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Both Validate and Super Validate came back with no errors. There was no change in the ability see ANY past budgets.

• GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm guessing I may be able to get the budgets to come back if I did a restore from a backup. However, that's going to be my last resort. This entire episode is odd, I've been using Q for decades and this never happened. Trying to get it to work before doing a restore file.

• GLKNY
    GLKNY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I contacted Quicken Support and had to go back to a two week old backup which solved the problem. All previous budgets showed up. They had no answer as to why this happened.

• Johnny_
    Johnny_ Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for me. I haven't tried restoring an older backup as I will have to edit a number of transactions. GLKNY, this sure feels like a global issue. All I get is the "Get Started" button to create a budget.

This discussion has been closed.