New online account added; reset my opening balance on my checking account to negative number

Options
Stacey
Stacey Member ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an updated resolution for this?

I added a new credit card with my bank. Quicken has to go through this whole process of linking or checking all the accounts. I didn't change anything! Other than creating this new account.

Now my checking account has a negative opening balance, not zero, a negative number!

What do I do to fix that. How come Quicken has not fixed this?????????

This topic is closed but describes the same issue:

This was the advice from a superuser on the 4/19/2023 post: Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes, lots of them. The re-activate process screws up and seems to include both some duplicated transactions and Pending transactions and thinks that the Opening Balance needs to be changed.

Bottom line is, Quicken has a screwed up process and while yours are all $0, we advise users to enter the correct opening balance in the memo for future quick reference.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Stacey,

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution you are experiencing this issue with?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Stacey
    Stacey Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Anja,

Bank of america.

Stacey

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes - as mentioned - we have suggested that you go thru all your accounts
    and scroll up to the Opening Balance and copy that amount over into the MEMO field for safe keeping -
    and when things look wonky, go back and take a look for any changes -

This randomly appears with "updates" - like Quicken software updates, and updates to your Quicken like Adding an Account -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.