EWC+ still crashing with R53.16

Options

All financial institutions updating through EWC+ still crash the program and won't update. E.g. Chase, GM Financial. Financial institutions updating with Direct Connect update, but transaction data previously entered is overridden with former transaction detail lost. E.g. Northwestern Mutual. I haven't been able to complete an update since last months R52.28 release. Complete disaster.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @QJohnT,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? Did this issue start immediately after the program updated to R52.28? Have you restarted your computer since you first noticed the issue? Do you have any firewall or antivirus active? If so, which one(s) do you use?

If you haven't done so already, please try manually installing the most recent version of Quicken. This article provides instructions on doing that: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

If the issue persists after you manually update Quicken, then please try restoring a backup from before the issue started and test to see if the issue persists in the newly restored file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QJohnT
    QJohnT Member
    Options

@Quicken Kristina's solution worked. I downloaded the patch and restored a backup from mid September which was just before the EWC+ connection issues arose after my initial install of R53.16. I also had to deactivate the EWC+ connections for each of my Chase and a couple store credit card accounts, and then reactivate them as new. After doing that, the EWC+ automatic updates started to once again work. I've updated three times since to make sure the system is stable. I had one mid update crash (the app just closed), but after relaunching the app, the update completed successfully. I consider the case closed. Thanks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it's working now.

Feel free to reach back out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.