R53.16 Upgrade Issue to Planning/Budgets

Options
Bione
Bione Member ✭✭✭

Today I updated to the new release and the top bar across the budget page is totally corrupted. I did not check through the budget items to check if there were items changes there. I brought in a backup that corrected the issue. I did contact support and showed the issue prior to restoring. Unfortunately, I did not take screen shots to add here so only mentioning.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Bione,

I'm glad to hear that restoring a backup corrected the problem. Has the issue reoccured after the backup was restored, or is it behaving properly now?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not the original issue. But, there is a problem when moving through the months. The top spending line frequently does not show the "Budget Value" or "Over" until you hover over or click on it a couple of times. Here are after and before pictures. This is new.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

What you describe (and show in the screenshots) is not normal behavior. If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did not help. While I am not sure why, this is only happening for October and November.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since the validate and super validate did not correct it, the next step would be restoring a different backup that predates this issue and testing to see if the issue persists in that newly restored file. I would also recommend going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and turning off Sync (if it is turned on) since the cloud sync does sometimes cause issues with the budget.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.