Saved Budget vs Actuals report vanished sometime last year

Options
System
System Member admin
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

This discussion was created from comments split from:

How to create next year budget with last year monthly actuals & categories

Tagged:

Comments

• mortch
    mortch Member ✭✭
    Options

This question may or may not be relevant, but it's related. I am a long-time user, (back when all dirt was NEW). Sorry.

i have used a personally created a report from a Quicken canned report called Budget vs Actuals. However, last year sometime that report disappeared! I have tried to look a few times. My current version of this Budget vs. Actuals will work, but I know it is corrupt and I have worked my way to solve some other issues, but no success so. Anyone had a similar problem with their reports no longer options. Is there a way to create a B vs. A report? Thanks

Dick

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @mortch,

To answer your question, based on the description of the report, going to Reports>Spending>Current Budget should allow you to get budget vs actuals information (or Historical Budget if you're wanting to run the report for previous budget years).

Did you do any troubleshooting when your saved report first vanished? Restoring a backup from before the issue started is usually the simplest fix when a saved report goes missing, but that may not be a viable solution now (many financial institutions don't download more than 90 days of history into Quicken, which can make for a lot of extra work if restoring a backup from further than 90 days in the past).

You mentioned that your current version of the report is corrupt. Could you please provide more information about what the report is or isn't doing that leads you to that conclusion? When did you first notice the issue with this corruption? Does the corruption show up only in the report, or are the same problems visible in the budget the report is based off of?

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.