CC-800 with Discover Bank

Options
irasend1
irasend1 Member, Windows Beta Beta

Windows Quicken ver 53.16 Repeated CC 800 error with Discover Bank, both credit card and savings acct. Going on about 2 weeks now. Last download 11/4. Tried deactivating/reactivating/relinking without success. Quicken support says it's a known issue, but no idea when it will be fixed. REALLY?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @irasend1,

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend following these steps from the article on error CC-800 (these steps are similar to what you've already done, but with an extra step of checking for hidden accounts):

Prior to following these steps, please backup your Quicken file.

First, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Once you have completed these steps, please test to see if the issue is resolved.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• irasend1
    Options

Did this initially but retried. Discover Bank finds both accounts, I link them and I get the success screen, but when I test it I still get a CC-800 error and no downloads.

• irasend1
    Options

Update— Able to get Discover credit card to link and download by deactivating both accounts again, then reactivating the credit card through discovercard.com. Discover Bank however will not reactivate my Discover Savings account.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

What is happening when you try to reactivate your savings account? Are you getting any error messages or error codes? Is it connecting but not downloading, or refusing to connect at all? Is the CC-800 error still happening?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• irasend1
    Options

It connects without any problems but will not download, and gives a CC 800 error. The problem seems to be with Discover Bank. Despite appearing to find and link the account appropriately, my suspicion is that it doesn't leave the proper token. I say this because the Discover Bank (url discover.com) also recognizes the credit card account but would fail with a CC 800 if I used that to link the credit card. However, as I said, the credit card linked with the discovercard.com site.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

From what you describe, it does sound like it may be an issue with that specific connection. To verify that it is the connection and not a file specific issue, have you tried backing up your Quicken file, then adding the savings account as a new account rather than linking it to the existing?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• irasend1
    edited November 2023
    Options

Just tried. Interesting, it did set up a new account and downloaded the last three transactions, however when I then went to test the new account I again got a CC-800 error on the new account. Seems like the issue is indeed with the Discover Bank connection.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.