Is there support for WealthSimple for Windows?

Options
Steven M
Steven M Member ✭✭

The reason I ask this is because of the post below:

There are two links within them :

https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qw2800-can/data/fidir-c.txt

https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qm2400/data/fidir.txt

Looking through the first doesn't have and second does have support for WealthSimple.

From just looking at the links and comments around them first is for Windows and the second is for Mac. Does this mean in the future Windows will get WealthSimple support?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps but perhaps not. There are some financial institutions (FIs) that have first set up support for one and later added support for the other. But there have also been some FIs that added support for one but never did that for the other. It is the FI that decides whether or not to add support for Quicken. Almost everyone posting here are Quicken users along with a few Quicken Community Moderators and none of us will know what WealthSimple's intentions and plans are regarding Quicken. Your best bet to find this out would be to contact WealthSimple and ask them. You might need to talk with someone in their I/T department who knows something about downloading data from their website. And if they say they do not have any plans to add support for QWin you can request that they contract with Intuit (the aggregator) to start the process for adding that support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Steven M
    Steven M Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for explain to me how this forum works.

It seems WealthSimple and Quicken are already connected because it seems to be supported for Mac. I can hope that Quicken will bring the support to Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Steven M -

It seems WealthSimple and Quicken are already connected because it seems to be supported for Mac. I can hope that Quicken will bring the support
    to Windows.

While WealthSimple and Quicken are already connected with regard to QMac, that does not apply to QWin. They are different softwares and have different FIDIR (Financial Institutions Directory) lists. The FIDIR tells Quicken which financial institutions support Quicken, which connection method(s) they support and which type(s) of accounts they support. The QMac and QWin FIDIRs are not interchangeable with each other.

Quicken can do nothing to add WealthSimple as a supported financial institution for QWin. It is solely up to WealthSimple to initiate that and they must do that with Intuit (the aggregator), not with Quicken. That process will end up resulting in WealthSimple being added to the FIDIR list for QWin. Only after they are added to the FIDIR list for QWin will QWin be able to download from them.

If you wish for WealthSimple to support QWin, you should contact WealthSimple and make that request. If enough WealthSimple customers request it then maybe WealthSimple will contract with Intuit to add that support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.