Adding a CD account

Options
JBAH
JBAH Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

After repeatedly getting a CC-501 error when trying to add a certificate of deposit account at my credit union, I called Quicken support. On Saturday I was told it would have to be escalated to a higher level, but they only work Mon-Fri 6 am-6 pm PT. I called again today (Monday) at 6:30 pm ET (3:30 pm PT). Even though I had a ticket no., I still had to go through the whole procedure with the new person. Nothing worked, so he agreed it had to be escalated, but he said they were closing soon because it was almost 6 pm (he was in Guatemala City, which is CT, apparently). I told him what I had been told, to no avail. Then he asked what kind of account I was adding, and when I said it was a CD, he said Quicken can no longer add a CD as a connected account. I can only do it as an offline account. I still can't believe Quicken is taking a big step backward in functionality. I shouldn't be surprised the failure with updating bill reminders for paychecks in recent months.

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A CD isn't an ACCOUNT. It's an investment held within an account.

Try setting it up that way.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• JBAH
    JBAH Member ✭✭
    Options

CDs have always been accounts held at a bank or similar institution. They are a kind of saving account. Quicken added one automatically for me just a few months ago.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken hasn't changed anything. And you are correct, when the financial institution is a bank oppose to a brokerage if they support downloading of the CD transactions it is going to be one account per CD.

But there isn't any "magic" to this. There isn't any a Quicken CD account type.

All that is happening is that the financial institution is sending the transactions as if it was a savings account.

Now let's look at the error you got:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501

In that article it suggests that the problem is at the financial institution, as in they may be preventing Quicken from getting the transactions or maybe it is a temporary error.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh, and on when Quicken support is available. It isn't tied to where the person is, it a set time that they have stated in Pacific Time.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JBAH
    JBAH Member ✭✭
    Options

Here is the text that comes with the error message in Quicken:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time. Do not contact [the credit union] for assistance. They cannot fix this problem. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!"

This was going on for more than a week. I know there isn't any magic to it. The problem is that it's not working, and the support person told me it wasn't going to work because Quicken no longer supports CD accounts.

I also know that support shouldn't be tied to where the person is, but try telling that to the support person in Guatemala City. My explanations had no effect on him.

This discussion has been closed.